Nippers Grove is ancient woodland which once belonged to the Medieval manor of Wyfold. The manor and its lands had been given by the king to one Geoffrey de Iveto, who passed ownership to Thame Abbey in 1153.
In 2004 Nippers Grove, which is managed by Tilhill Forestry Ltd, was the winner of the Chilterns Woodland Award jointly sponsored by the Chilterns Conservation Board and the Forestry Commission.
We were asked to clear a small infestation of rhododendron ponticum, an invasive non-native species carrying a toxin which excludes every other plant around and underneath it.
Park Lane (from Cane End)
We meet where the Bridle way crosses the road.
OS reference: SU674808 Click here for a map